Cold Brook Station, located at MP 22.1, was built by the Ulster and Delaware Railroad about 1900. It replaced an earlier flag stop at Cold Brook Bridge, MP 22.38.
After the flooding of the Ashokan Reservoir, six stations were submerged forever, and one of these was the Boiceville Station. After completion of the Ashokan Reservoir in 1912, the Cold Brook Station took over as the stop for the community Boiceville.
The Ulster & Delaware Railroad was acquired by the New York Central Railroad in 1932. Cold Brook Station served the town of Boiceville until the end of passenger service on March 31, 1954.
The station was later sold to a private hunting and fishing club, who continue to use it and maintain it well.The railroad tracks next to the station are leased to the Catskill Mountain Railroad which resumed passenger service to the station on July 4, 2008. The station is not currently used to load or unload passengers, as it remains in private hands.
This station replaced the original station known as This Ulster and Delaware Railroad station, MP 12.6, used to be located in the town of Olive Branch, which was sunk under the Ashokan Reservoir.
People, especially tourists, stopped at the station to go vacationing, considering it was a popular vacation spot and had a lot of well-maintained boarding houses before it was sunk.
Freight was also loaded on to trains that stopped there, considering there were plenty of farms there. The station was abandoned on June 8, 1913.
Located just outside "Boiceville of Today" (The original town was sunk allowing the Ashokan Reservoir to be built.
Boiceville, New York, USA
This image is now available for prints, greeting cards, gifts, canvas prints, etc. at Fine Art America